Budget Template ToolFinance & Budget | Florida
The Charter Support Unit has developed a budget template tool to assist schools in developing a comprehensive budget. The budget has been developed as a “Question and Answer” tool where individuals put together a budget. It is designed so that Board members who may not have an extensive knowledge of the Florida Red Book can develop a budget that is in compliance with the requirements.
There are numerous other additional resources available for schools who wish to use the Template Tool. Here are some additional resources which may be helpful:
- Introduction to the new version of the template. (Video Recording) This video demonstrates the basic use of the budget template tool, and highlights what has changed in this newest version of the budget tool.
- Migrating data from older versions to 4.0+. (Video Recording). This recording demonstrates how to move your data from an older version of the budget template tool to version 4.0. The video makes reference to a “Converstion to 4.0 Tool” workbook, which is available for download below the video.
- Technical information on how the budget template works. (Video Recording). This video is extremely technical and meant for Excel power-users who want to know how the budget template works and how to customize it for their organization. This video is not intended for the general user who doesn’t want to tinker with the ‘back-end’ of the budget tool.
- Webinar Presented on April 29, 2014. (Webinar Recording). The recording below is a webinar presented on April 29 regarding what is new in version 1.15 of the Template Tool, and walks through how to use the template tool.
- Introducing the Budget Template Tool. (Webinar Recording). This webinar was originally presented for the first version of the budget template tool to demonstrate the tool.
- Tips for School Districts
- Tips for Schools
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Tool
- Information on past and what to look for in future updates
To find an older/archived version of the budget template tool, please visit: https://csu.bh-online.org/document/old-budget-templates/.